Job Category: ULTRASOUND
Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist
Employee Type: Non-Exempt FT
Location: Williamsville, NY
Responsible for diagnostic Ultrasound examinations to locate, evaluate and record critical functional, pathological, and anatomical data at a technical level not requiring direct supervision; providing compassionate patient care in a high volume, fast paced environment to patients of all ages; contributing to the efficient operation of the department, as well as ensuring quality and continuity of patient care.
1. Patient Care
- a. Professional, positive and caring attitude throughout entire patient encounter.
- b. Work with and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of situations.
c. Listening to and resolving patient questions, comments and concerns.
- a. Perform requested exams according to the American College of Radiology (ACR) standards in an accurate and timely manner and as outlined in Ultrasound Department Policy Procedural Manual.
- a. Prepare and maintain daily patient worksheets for each exam and procedures log.
- b. Perform computer skills to include all appropriate edits, charges and tracking
- c. Calibrates and maintains equipment and orders supplies when needed.
- a. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their family members, team members, supervisors, managers and Radiologists.
- b. Establish and maintain good rapport and a positive attitude towards all other departments, patients and referring physicians.
- c. Ability to present completed examination findings including pertinent exam and patient data to Radiologist(s).
5. Understand and adhere to department Policy Procedure Manual.
6. Maintain clean, organized and safe exam area and control room.
7. Immediately notify department manager of any problems relating to safety, equipment or patients.
8. Adhere to and uphold all HIPAA and New York State regulations regarding patient well as standards of ethics set forth by Windsong.
9. All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by Administrator or Manager.
- 2 year Degree with successful completion of an approved one-year program in Ultrasound Technology.
- Must hold and maintain RDMS Certification; registry eligible if new graduate and RDMS within 18 months of eligibility.
- Must obtain Breast Certification within 12 months of eligibility.
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, pull and twist for an extended period of time.
- Strong manual dexterity abilities
- Knowledge of applicable patient positioning and technique selections for modality.
- Lifting objects as required, up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to professionally communicate orally and in the written form.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays as well as ability to work additional hours as needed.
Works in fast-paced, clean, air conditioned, properly lit environment.
- General Office Equipment including computer terminal and printer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, Internet access and calculator.
- PACS and MedFax, film laser processor, film copier
- Ultrasound Machine and associated equipment