Job Category: SCHEDULING
Job Title: Scheduling Secretary
Employee Type: Non-Exempt FT
Location: Williamsville, NY
Responsible for scheduling patient appointments by coordinating clinical availability with necessary procedure preparations; this includes collecting the correct demographic, insurance and medical history information needed to reserve appointment. Also, responsible for handling all incoming phone calls for patient inquiries and designated physician line while maintaining a professional and efficient manner.
- Patient Care
a. Professional, positive and caring attitude throughout entire patient encounter.
b. Work with and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of situations.
c. Listening to and resolving patient questions, comments and concerns.
a. Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling.
i. Meet or exceed established department benchmarks for call efficiency.
b. Maximize equipment schedule while accommodating patient needs for fast, convenient appointment dates/times.
c. Ensure accurate computer entry:
i. Verbal exam orders.
ii. Insurance and Prior Authorization Information.
iii. Patient Data Entry (demographics).
d. Processing of patient mammography reminder postcards.
a. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with patients and their family members, team members, supervisors, managers and Radiologists.
b. Establish and maintain good rapport and a positive attitude towards all other departments, patients and referring physicians.
c. Repetitive use of appropriate scripts using compassionate tone and inflections to ensure patient comfort, convenience and assurance.
4. Maintain an organized and efficient work area.
5. Attends all department meetings to stay abreast of department goals and policies.
6. Understand and adhere to department Policy & Procedure Manual.
7. Adhere to and uphold all HIPAA and New York State regulations regarding patient privacy as well as standards of ethics set forth by Windsong.
8. All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by Administrator or Manager
- 2 year business degree with 1 year experience in medical appointment scheduling; or High School diploma with 5 years experience in medical appointment scheduling.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to professionally communicate orally and in the written form.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with the ability to maintain concentration and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays as well as ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Basic lifting, not to exceed 25 pounds.
Works in fast-paced, clean, air conditioned, properly lit environment.
- General Office Equipment including computer terminal and printer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, Internet access and calculator.