Job Category: REGISTRATION
Job Title: Medical Secretary
Employee Type: Non-Exempt FT
Location: Williamsville, NY
Present a positive and professional first impression to all patients and visitors. Responsible for all clerical components of patient registration to ensure efficient operation of the registration process.
- Patient Care
- Professional, positive and caring attitude throughout entire patient encounter.
- Work with and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of situations.
- Listening to and resolving patient questions, comments and concerns.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient registration
- Ensure quality and continuity of patient care by accurately completing data entry including, but not limited to
- Written exam orders
- Insurance and Prior Authorization Information
- Patient Demographic Entry Communication
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with patients and their family members, team members, supervisors, managers and Radiologists.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and a positive attitude towards all other departments, patients and referring physicians.
- Maintain an organized and efficient work area.
- Attends all department meetings to stay abreast of department goals and policies.
- Adhere to and uphold all HIPAA and New York State regulations regarding patient privacy as well as standards of ethics set forth by Windsong.
- All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by Administrator or Manager.
- 2 year business degree with 1 year experience in medical office; or High School diploma with 3 years experience in medical office.
- Experience with various insurance carrier processes, including familiarity with patient identification cards, co-pay and deductible processes.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to professionally communicate orally and in the written form.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with the ability to maintain concentration and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays as well as ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Basic lifting, not to exceed 25 pounds.
Works in fast-paced, clean, air conditioned, properly lit environment.
- General Office Equipment including computer terminal and printer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, Internet access and calculator.