Job Category: MRI
Job Title: MRI Technologist
Employee Type: Non-Exempt FT
Location: Williamsville, NY
Responsible for MR examinations; providing compassionate patient care in a high volume, fast paced environment to patients of all ages; contributing to the efficient operation of the department, as well as ensuring quality and continuity of patient care.
- Patient Care
- Professional, positive and caring attitude throughout entire patient encounter.
- Work with and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of situations.
- Listening to and resolving patient questions, comments and concerns.
- Perform requested exams in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; as outlined in CT/MRI Department Policy & Procedural Manual
- Demonstrate competency and proficiency in:
- Patient Positioning
- Protocol selection
- Prepare study to be sent to Radiologist
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their family members, team members, supervisors, managers and Radiologists.
- Establish and maintain good rapport and a positive attitude towards all other departments, patients and referring physicians.
- Maintain quality assurance records on all equipment.
- Understand and adhere to department Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Maintain clean, organized and safe exam area and control room.
- Immediately notify department manager of any problems relating to safety, equipment or patients.
- Adhere to and uphold all HIPAA and New York State regulations regarding patient privacy as well as standards of ethics set forth by Windsong.
- All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by Administrator or Manager.
- Hold and maintain NYS license requirements and continuing education credits.
- Knowledge of applicable patient positioning and technique selections for modality.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with the ability to maintain concentration and attention to detail.
- Strong manual dexterity abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to professionally communicate orally and in the written form.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays as well as ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Lifting objects as required. May exceed 35 pounds.
Works in fast-paced, clean, air conditioned, properly lit environment.
- General Office Equipment including computer terminal and printer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone system, Internet access and calculator.
- CT equipment, PACS and RIS, film laser processor, film copier