Windsong Radiology Group has updated our mammography protocol to ensure compliance with the New York State Department of Health regulations which require a direct order for Mammography and other Radiology procedures. If you are scheduled for either a screening or diagnostic mammogram, please be advised of the following regardless of your insurance coverage:
- Only a Physician, Nurse Practitioner, or a Physician Assistant can order a screening or diagnostic mammogram.
- You must have an order or prescription from your Physician’s office prior to the service. The order can be either written or verbal.
- Verbal orders are typically called in directly to Windsong when your Physician’s office schedules your mammogram for you.
- Written orders come in several forms, but the most common are our Windsong pink referral slips or the provider’s own prescription. Please be sure to bring it with you on the day of your appointment.
- If you schedule your own appointment and arrive without a written order (and there is no verbal order on record), Windsong will be happy to contact your provider’s office to obtain one. Unfortunately this may result in a longer wait for you if we cannot get in touch with your Physician’s office right away.
Thank you very much for choosing the Windsong for your mammography and breast imaging needs. We value your trust, and we want to ensure that your visit with us is a pleasant experience.